• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Preventing a scar on my face (fresh cut from last night ;P )

SangerRainsford

Bluelighter
Well, sometimes talking shit doesn't pay off, and when it's a woman who cracks you in the face (w/ an object, not her hand..), you just gotta deal w/ it... right?

Anyways, the swelling/black eye isn't worrisome, but the gash above my eye is. It's not too deep or anything, only needed like 5min of pressure to stop the blood from gushing (the blood that came from this was way more than it shoulda been..), but it's kind of a wide gash :\

SOOOoooooo, what's the rundown on how to best handle a wound to reduce scarring as much as possible? I'd rather not have a scar above my eye for years/life LOL

Hmmm the first thing that comes to mind is pull the skin in evenly without pinching or leaving it too loose (from suturing but steristrips is the same concept). If it is more a wide shallow gash liek scrape then I'm not so sure. Definitely keep it out of the sun though. A tan on a wound is bad news for scaring. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Keep it, but don't tell other women you meet down the line that its from a woman. Think of something manly, involving hand to hand combat with wild animals.

I had the same thing happen but it wasn't from a woman hitting me, no pun intended, but I just left it, gave it air, kept it covered and clean, and I have a like 3cm light scar but u shud just keep it it ends up lookin badass

Or put neosporin on it <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
OP, did you see the Scars thread? Sure it's talking about old scars and you're looking to prevent one, but it may still prove to be beneficial.

If you're prone to scaring, talk with your doctor: S/he can prescribe you this stuff that's basically like Neosporin but a million times better at preventing scars.

Also, don't pick at any scabs that form, as this will delay healing and promote scarring.

Oh! Also check out this thread: how can i minimize track marks? It's about scars of a slightly different nature, but seems to provide some useful information.

firstly keep the area around it cool to stop as much swelling, use ibuprofen if you can as well. lavender helps ease bruising, when the skin heals over and is unbroken use arnice and vitamin e. vit e helps with elasticity in your skin and will help reduce any potential scarring.
try not stretch the skin around it as it can worsen the area for healing.
hope it heals quickly :)

you might try manuka honey to help heal the wound. i have read that it can help wounds heal faster and better.

Keep it, but don't tell other women you meet down the line that its from a woman. Think of something manly, involving hand to hand combat with wild animals.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Or you could just get the thing seen to by a competent health professional.

161849-171988-dr-nick-riviera_super.gif

I'm not much for stories, and I'm not much for going somewhere cuz a woman busted my face up :|
The anonymity of BL is a happy medium :)

Coconut oil is really good for scars.. just apply a bit to it a few times a day.

Also great for cooking!

I was going to suggest Neosporin as it's helped from fresh wounds that would leave a gross scar pretty well actually...my old hamster had a huge gash on her neck because she was stupid, and I was actually told to use a q-tip and put it on her daily after washing the area --- it worked, it totally went away and hair grew back over it. But something stronger from the dr sounds like it could be appropriate if the gash is deep. Perhaps keep it bandaged (no matter how weird) it is for now? I also agree that being int he sun can make it worse.

There will probably always be a lil scar there, so hopefully you are looking for tips to minimize it as much as possible, because there's a good chance it'll still be visible, albeit faint, even after immediate treatment.

I've had a few cuts to the far from car accidents and people hardly notice them.
triple antibiotic and Vitamin E on it every day (if not twice) and make sure you keep it clean!